Monday, August 14, 2006

$46.43

Oh yea, and the straight flush down in my previous entry beat AsAd. He was not pleased. I think that might have been the first time my straight flush beat another deep stack when he had the ace hi flush. So often straight flushes take down the minimum.

$41.83 2 $25 NL tables 2.5 hours. Took some horrible beats early in huge pots and fought back very nicely. Never tilted and just ground away and then hit some big hands against morons.

$4.60 1 $1.75 18 person turbo tourney for kicks. 2nd place.

JJ and KK went down at the same time on my $25 tables. That was ugly. JJ on a 7 4 2 10 6 board to a set of 7s. At the same time my KK was going down in flames to 68 on a 66xxx board. I should not have lost a $20 pot there. I fired away guns blazing even with the paired board. The players have tended to be either weak-tight or just crazy bluffers. I'm proud of the way I stayed off of tilt tonight even though I took some crazy beats early in big pots. Like this one:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Whatever (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

Button ($14.10)
SB ($33.33)
Whatever ($35.29)
UTG ($12.85)

Preflop: Whatever is BB with 9s, Ad. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
1 fold, Button calls $0.25, SB (poster) raises to $0.65, Whatever calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.25) 8c, 9d, Kd (3 players)
SB bets $1, Whatever calls $1, Mr Moron calls $1.

Turn: ($5.25) Ac (3 players)
SB checks, BB bets $2, Mr Moron calls $2.

River: ($9.25) Ts (3 players)
BB bets $2, Mr Moron 8.35 more, Whatever makes the crying call $8.35.

Final Pot: $28.50

So Mr. Moron catches runner, runner to take it down with QJo. Nice. I should've been more aggressive when I hit my 2nd pair on the turn. That was such a weak bet. But who knows, they sure do love their gutshots on the PP $25 tables.

Anyway, I played very well and kept my head and came back to finish with $97 on one table and $51 on the other. It's so much fun to build a pile of money on a table and use it to club people out of pots.

I'm still learning the NL game but am having a great time. For now.

Meager bankroll up to $395.38 split almost evenly between PP and PS.

BTW - another guy asked me what I had in a hand after I mucked a showdown. He didn't know how to use the hand history on PP. This happens almost once per session and always amazes me.

1 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger slb159 said...

The A on the turn didn't help his str8 draw, so technically, he rivered you instead of runner runnering you. But what do I know...I'm just stupid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home