Thursday, November 13, 2008

4 hours of 1/2 6 Max LHE

and a SNG 18 person $6.40 turbo. I lasted 11 minutes in the turbo. This hand sums up the 2nd half of my night by the way:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com


MP1 (t2255)
MP2 (t1360)
CO (t1610)
Whatever (t1510)
SB (t3565)
BB (t3015)
UTG (t1545)


Preflop: Whatever is Button with Tc, Th.
1 fold, MP1 calls t50, 1 fold, CO calls t50, Whatever raises to t300, 2 folds, MP1 folds, CO calls t250.


Flop: (t725) 8d, 3s, 7s (2 players)
CO bets t600, Whatever raises to t1210, CO calls t610.

CO has Kh 8c
Whatever has Tc Th

Turn: (t3145) 8s (2 players)

River: (t3145) 5d (2 players)
Final Pot: t3145


CO has Kh 8c (three of a kind, eights).
Whatever has Tc Th (two pair, tens and eights).
Outcome: CO wins t3145.

I 4 and 5 tabled 1/2 6 max and was up $170 after going on a crazy 20 minute rush of cards and then the switch was flipped and the river became my opponents best friend for the last 2 hours. Oh well. I feel like I'm gonna have a $400 night one of these sessions but right now I'll continue to grind away and try to improve on the things I can control. Here's my chart from last night:

4 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Karl said...

Hello. I'm starting to follow your blog. It's very good by the way. I'm Darth Maple from the FCP Forums. One thing that has struck me recently in your results is that half way through your poker sessions you make a nice profit and then it tails off towards the end. If this is a common thing I would recommend reducing the amount of hours you play and increasing the frequency of days played. Does this make sense?

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Karl said...

It seems fatigue/lapse in concentration could play a key part.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Whatever said...

Hey thanks for the comments. Yea fatigue could certainly be a factor. I think a good idea would be for me to take a 10 minute break when the next little downswing starts in the 2nd half of my session. We'll see. Increasing my days played isn't a possibility sense I'm only really free to grind on Monday and Wednesday nights. I'll play the occasional mtt at other times and a few hundred hands of 1/2 on the weekends also.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Whatever said...

Well I glanced at the other sessions and there's not a correlation between getting tired and having a downswing. Just as often I downswing early and then hit a rush late to get back to even or make a nice profit.

For me it's all about not tilting when I hit those downswings with their seemingly never-ending series of river beats. It's an easy game then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home